Below is a recommended list of items that we believe should be attended to before letting your property
- Gas Safety Certificate to be carried out by a Gas Safe registered contractor.
- Be aware of the Housing health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) list of potential hazards
- Electrical Safety check to be carried out.
- Legionella Risk Assessment – landlords are now responsible for routine risk assessments of their property (records kept).
- Professionally clean carpets; not a hire Vax; must provide copy invoices.
- Total spring clean of house to include:
- Oven & hood filter;
- All Windows Inside & Out;
- Inside of cupboards, washing machine filter;
- Wardrobe interiors;
- Mattress covers if applicable;
- Must provide copy invoices.
- General maintenance; checking of drawers, door hinges, locks, lofts etc.
- Sets of keys for number of tenants and one if applicable for Letting Agent.
- Check all light bulbs and shades (power saving bulbs if possible).
- Smoke alarms with new batteries.
- Sealant on hand basins and baths and check shower hose for leaks and descale heads.
- Clean wheelie bins/dustbins & remove all rubbish, check gutters and drains. Make sure Recycling Bins are in place.
- Clean out garages/sheds if applicable.
- Cancel direct debits to utility suppliers.
- Redirection of mail with Post Office – VERY IMPORTANT allow 3 weeks to set-up.
- Disconnect NTL, Sky, Cable etc – needs to be done in writing.
- Leave garden neat with grass mowed, borders edged, weeds removed etc.
- Advisable to leave an information folder at the property with instruction manuals, guarantees, safety certificates etc.
Should you require the services of a professional cleaning company, or general maintenance work, please contact Puremove letting agents for details.
- we do what we say
- we treat the assets of others as our own
- we are risk aware
- we do what is right by our clients
- we are reliable
- we anticipate needs
- we take the initiative
- we focus on results
- we never give up
- we respect and value each other
- we resolve difference openly and
- we compete as a team
- we recognise and celebrate our
- we set higher standards
- we question the status quo
- we generate innovative solutions
- we learn from our experiences and
search for better ways